…in which Randy survives encounters with wildlife, Mike’s toes get cold, and we talk about how our tires and boots are holding up in the cold and snow, among other things:
- Randy finds a reason to like the dog-walkers in the woods, then nearly passes out on his way home.
- Mike’s tires go very, very slow in the cold. We both use Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded tires. For more than you ever wanted to know about studded bicycle tires, see Peter White’s website.
- We talk a little bit too much about tire sizes. For more information, see Sheldon Brown’s article on tire and rim sizes.
- Randy has a stand-off with the local fauna in a parking lot, and we talk about awareness of our environs, riding with the wind, and….urban bow hunting?
- Mike referred to John Forester’s book, Effective Cycling.